BRIEF HISTORY OF UNITED
United Baptist Church was established in 1922. The Reverend Thomas Hendershott and an exiguous group of individuals held the first service in a small, modest East Baltimore home, which was located at the time, at 1722 Ashland Avenue. United relocated six times until the Reverend George Vanderford led the church membership to worship at 932 N. Broadway (a former textile building acquired and retrofitted for worship) in 1952. Fifty-one years later, under the pastoral leadership of Dr. Carl Solomon, United moved once again. This time into a brand-new edifice, built from the ground up, and exponentially larger to accommodate the growing membership and ministry. This is United’s current location: 1615 E. Eager Street.
PASTORAL HISTORY OF UNITED
- 1922 – 1945 Rev. Thomas Hendershott
- 1946 – 1947 Rev. P.C. Land
- 1948 – 1989 Rev. George Vanderford
- 1991 – Present Dr. Carl Solomon